Cheesecake is a traditional dessert eaten during the Jewish holiday of Shavuot
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together cookie crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup sugar. Press mixture onto the bottom of a pan and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Cream together 3/4 cup of sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in sour cream until blended. Pour into crust.
4. Bake for 45 minutes. Turn oven off and leave cake in oven with the door slightly ajar for two hours
from Lisa Katz