ROSH HASHONA RECIPE
On Rosh Hashanah it is customary to eat foods that are sweet with flavor. This symbolizes the “sweetness and good fortune” of the New Year ahead. Foods flavored with honey, apples and carrots are commonly served. The Rosh Hashanah meal begins with apple and challah dipped in honey.
- 1 lb wide noodles
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups applesauce
- cinnamon and sugar
- Cook noodles until nearly tender and drain.
- Beat eggs with a fork and add the sugar, vanilla, margarine, raisins, applesauce and noodles, mixing well.
- Pour into a large greased baking dish.
- Combine some cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until browned on top.