Dear Center Member,
We have reached that time of year when the Jewish Community Center of Long Beach Island
begins to ready itself for High Holy Day Services. For the Hebrew year 5778, Rosh Hashanah
will be celebrated on Wednesday evening, Thursday and Friday, September 20, 21, and 22. Yom
Kippur will be celebrated on Friday evening and Saturday, September 29 & 30.
As always, we anticipate a strong demand for tickets, so please get your ticket order in quickly.
The ticket price for seating in our Social Hall remains at $75 for paid-up members, the same as
in the past several years. Also the same as last year, the price for a reserved seat in our beautiful
new Sanctuary is $125 for paid-up members. Sanctuary seating sold out quickly last year, so
please get your requests and money in as soon as possible.
In order to ensure that our members’ seating needs are met, the Center will accept reservations
from members until August 4th. After that date, whatever seats remain will be made available to
non-members. We want to remind you to include payment for seats in full with your reservation.
Seats are for both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Please indicate on the reservation form
whether you will attend one or both Holidays.
We plan to again have a professionally led Children’s Program on both days of Rosh Hashanah
and Yom Kippur. It will be held in our classroom for children ages 3 to 11, from 11am to 1pm
while parents/grandparents are at the main service.
We are enclosing a reservation form for High Holidays seats as well as a form for names to be
included in the Roll of Remembrance. Please use the enclosed return envelope.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please call the office at 609-492-4090.
We look forward to celebrating the High Holidays with you and your family.
Shalom and L’shanah Tovah U’Metukah!
The High Holiday Committee:
- Saturday, September 16, 2017 7:30 PM
- Rosh HaShanah evening service Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:30 PM
- 1st Day Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:00 AM
- 1st Day Children’s Service – Thursday, September 21, 2017 11:00 AM
- Family Service – Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:00 PM
- Rosh HaShanah evening service – Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:30 PM
- 2nd Day Friday, September 22, 2017 9:00 AM
- 2nd Day Children’s Service – Friday, September 22, 2017 11 AM
- Taschlich immediately following Tuesday services at the Spray Beach Yacht Club directly across the boulevard from the JCC.
- Friday, September 22, 2017 8:00 PM
- Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:00 AM
- Friday, September 29, 2017 6:00 PM
- Morning Service, Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:00 AM
- Yizkor will be recited following Torah Service and Rabbi’s message.
- Mincha, Ma’ariv and Ne’ilah, 4:45 PM followed by Sisterhood Break the Fast at 7:15 PM
- Erev Sukkot: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 7:30 PM
- 1st Day -Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:30 AM
- 2nd Day – Friday, October 6, 2017 9:30 AM
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:30 AM; Yizkor 11 AM
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:00 PM
- Friday, October 13, 2017 9:30 AM