A Child’s Adventure into Jewish Heritage begins here
Friday, 1/5 – Kabbalat Shabbat 6:00 PM
Tuesday 1/9- Religious School 3:00 PM
Tuesday, 12/23 – Religious School – 3:00 PM
Sunday, 12/28 –Religious School 10:00 AM
Friday, 2/2 – Kabbalat Shabbat 6:00 PM
Tuesday 2/6- Religious School – 3:00 PM
Sunday, 2/11 –Religious School 10:00 AM
Tuesday, 2/20 – Religious School – 3:00 PM
Wednesday 2/28 – 6:00 Pizza & Purim – Dinner followed by Megillah Reading
Sunday, 3/4 – Purim Carnival – Federation
Friday, 3/9 – Kabbalat Shabbat 6:00 PM
Tuesday 3/13- Religious School – 3:00 PM
Sunday, 3/18 –Model Seder 10:00 PM
Tuesday, 2/27 – Religious School – 3:00 PM
Tuesday 4/10- Religious School – 3:00 PM
Friday, 4/13 – Kabbalat Shabbat 6:00 PM
Sunday, 4/15 –Religious School 10:00 AM
Tuesday, 4/24 – Religious School – 3:00 PM
Sunday, 4/29 –Religious School 10:00 AM
Tuesday 5/1- Religious School – 3:00 PM
Friday, 5/4 – Kabbalat Shabbat 6:00
Sunday, 5/6 –Religious School 10:00 AM LAST DAY OF RELIGIOUS SCHOOL
Sunday 5/20 – 10:00 PM Shavuot Blessing of the Children
SUPPORT OUR RELIGIOUS SCHOOL
“Train a child in the way he/she should go and when he/she is older he/she will not be deterred from it.”
You can sponsor one of the following special events held by our Religious School.
Please call the office for further information!!!!
Full sponsorship is $200 per event, partial sponsorship is $100 per event.
Please send your contribution to the JCC OFFICE with a note as to what event(s) you would like to sponsor. All donations of any size are much appreciated.
Religious School is back in session in the Fall
The mission of the Religious School of the Jewish Community Center of Long Beach Island is to identify and prioritize the needs of the children in our geographic area, then to organize and implement those activities that will successfully impact them. The religious school by definition focuses on the Jewish educational needs but not to the exclusion of human services, family, and economic needs, as well as providing support for our Center, Israel and our community.
The Religious School Committee will determine the school policy. The Finance Committee will be responsible for preparing a budget for the Religious School.
Hiring and terminating of Personnel is the responsibility of the Religious School principal with the approval of the Religious School Committee. Those decisions will be based on annual evaluation forms and the results of periodic performance reviews. Curriculum is the responsibility of the Religious School staff in consultation with the Religious School Committee
1. To educate our students in the spirit of Jewish tradition and the practice of Judaism
2. To impart knowledge and awareness of the Torah and its significance as the foundation of the religious and ethical traditions of Judaism
3. To instill the belief in one G_d through T’fillah (prayer), the celebration of Shabbat, the festivals, and the Jewish life cycle
4. To impart knowledge of the land of Israel and the Hebrew language, and an appreciation for the significance of both in creating a bond among the Jewish people
5. To develop within each child a sense of responsibility to the Jewish community through the performance of Mitzvot
6. To enhance and foster strong Jewish identity and commitment to Synagogue and Jewish communal life
(Policy Handbook – Rabbi Friedman School of Jewish Studies)
Jewish Community Center of LBI
Religious School New Program and Changes Implemented August 2005
As accepted by the newly formed Religious School Committee.
1. Attendance – 3 excused absences. Special Circumstances – assignments to make up work missed. Three excused absences for Thursday as well.
2. Family Services – Bar Mitzvah Year Mandatory Either Friday or Saturday mornings during the 6 months prior to Bar/Bat Mitzvah
3. Curriculum will include much more Hebrew to better prepare students for Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Certain prayers will be mandatory to learn for the service i.e. Ashrei.
4. Membership at the Jewish Community Center is required for enrollment in Religious School. In the future a surcharge may be instituted for non-members. If there are financial burdens, as in the past, see Mrs. “B” and we will work out a payment plan.
5. The Schedule for Religious School will be on Sunday from 9:30 to 12.